Substitute Teacher Information
*SUBSTITUTE TRAINING CLASS*
New & Refresher Training
Date: September 29, 2023
9:00am – 12:00pm
**Your application will automatically register you for substitute training class**
**Refreshers: You must pre-register for substitute refresher class**
*Qualified Refresher – Must have substituted during the 2022-2023 School Year*
Training will held in the Board Room at the Administration Building
(100 Cherry Creek Road, Dayton).
The doors will open @ 8:45 am.
Please be on time, we will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
Tasks for the *New Substitute* Applicant
- Submit a completed Non-Professional Employment Application online - found on our Job Bank.
- Bring a copy of your high school diploma or college transcript.
- Read Form I-9 and bring the necessary supporting documentation to Substitute Teacher training.
- For IRS and PARS purposes we request your social security card.
- Attend a Dayton ISD Substitute Teacher training. Professional attire is required.
- Complete the fingerprinting process and pay $48.95 once you have received your email from Identogo Services after attending our substitute teacher training course.
Tasks for Dayton ISD Personnel Department
- Complete a background check for each applicant through TX DPS.
- Generate a Fast Pass for the applicant to complete the finger printing process.
- Submit the Substitute Teacher candidates' names to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Activate & Maintain Substitute Teachers in Aesop - DISD's Substitute Teacher management software.
Click Here to Register for Refresher Training
Questions: email@example.com or 936-258-2667 ext. 1109