Observation Guidelines & Documents
- College / University letter or syllabus stating that observations are a part of the semester course requirements.
- Email questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Observations begin after the 2nd week in September and end the first week of December.
- Spring Observations begin the 3rd week in January and completed by May 10th.
- Dayton ISD will offer observation hours during summer school in hardship cases. Please contact Mary Ellen Conner in Personnel Services.
Obtaining an Observation Pass:
Once your application is submitted and your background check is complete, your observation pass will be emailed to you. Please note that each observation pass has an expiration date and is valid for one semester.
- Processing requests may take up to 5 days.
- When approved, students must call the campus secretary to schedule an observation time. Campuses require advance scheduling. Campuses may limit the number of observers, hours, days and times in which observations may be conducted. Changes may occur without prior notice.
- You may only observe on the campuses provided to you on the Observation Confirmation form. You are not to make request to other campuses.
- Observations will not be allowed on testing days.
- You must present a printed Observation Confirmation form along with your ID to each campus after being approved by Personnel Services.
- All cell phone use for any purpose during observations is prohibited.
- Professional dress is required for all observers. Admittance to campuses may be denied if attire is deemed inappropriate by an administrator.
- Remember that all information concerning students is confidential.
- You may not observe in your child’s classroom.
- Respect the decision of the campus administrator regarding which classroom and teachers you will be assigned to observe.
- The campus administrator has the authority to deny or discontinue requests for observation hours.