Proof of Residency (PoR) Events for 2019-2020
The Texas Education Agency (TEC 25.001) and DISD Board Policy mandate that districts verify students' eligibility for enrollment. To meet that requirement, Dayton ISD will hold three different residency verification events this summer. All returning students will be required to provide proof of residency for enrollment in Dayton ISD for the 19-20 school year.
For 2019-2020, we are enabling parents to complete PoR ONLINE during our Returning Student Online Registration (RSOR) process! This will allow greater flexibility and convenience for our families and still allow us to meet the TEA requirements. The window for completing RSOR/PoR is May 1 – July 4, 2019. You can CLICK HERE for more information regarding RSOR.
For those parents who are unable to complete the process online, Dayton ISD has set aside the following dates to allow parents to bring their PoR documentation and/or complete online registration. All Proof of Residency (PoR) events will be held at Dayton High School, and are come-and-go. If you are unable to complete the RSOR/PoR process online during the window of opportunity (May 1 – July 4), please make plans to attend PoR during one of the dates listed below:
||July 30, 2019
||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
||July 31, 2019
||9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
||August 1, 2019
||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
What all parents/guardians need to know:
- ALL returning students must provide proof of residency. If your child attended Dayton ISD in 2018-2019 and plans to attend Dayton ISD in 2019-2020, you will need to provide your proof of residency, either via the new online process or by attending one of the events listed above.
- Families who do not have proof of residency in their name but who are district residents (living with another district resident or living in a home belonging to a district resident) are encouraged to get a utility bill in their name to simplify the PoR verification process.
- Families who cannot provide a utility bill verifying residency will need to submit a signed and notarized Residency Affidavit AND acceptable proof of residency for the district resident. Again, these can be uploaded with our new, online process. Please note that submitting a Residency Affidavit may generate a home visit by a resource officer. (Click here for the Residency Affidavit in Spanish.)
- Students are not required to attend PoR with their parents.
- These are come-and-go events. We hope to get families in and out quickly!
- Enter DHS from the cafeteria/staff parking lot.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency for the 19-20 school year prior to August 2nd will not be enrolled in Dayton ISD for the fall semester.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will need to enroll during New Student Enrollment (August 6-8) and provide all necessary enrollment documents. For a complete list of all required documents, please click here.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will not have a class schedule available at Open House on August 12th.
What parents/guardians will need to bring:
- A parent or guardian must bring a photo ID and proof of residency on one of the scheduled days. (Copiers will be available if copies of bills are needed.)
- If the parent or guardian is unable to attend one of the scheduled events, they may send a trusted friend or relative in their place, along with current proof of residency. If you want them to complete the RSOR for your child, the person MUST also have a copy of the parent’s photo ID, along with a signed notice from the parent giving them permission to complete the process on their behalf.
- Current utility bills (electricity, gas, water, telephone, cable, satellite) which show the service address and the name of the parent/guardian are acceptable forms of proof of residency. Cell phone bills, utility bills more than 30 days old (or without a date altogether), disconnect notices, property tax statements, insurance documents or handwritten notes are not acceptable as proof of residency.
If you have any questions about residency verification, contact the PEIMS department at 936.258.2667.