Proof of Residency (PoR) Events for 2018-2019
The Texas Education Agency (TEC 25.001) and DISD Board Policy mandate that districts verify students' eligibility for enrollment. To meet that requirement, Dayton ISD will hold three different residency verification events this summer. All returning students will be required to provide proof of residency for enrollment in Dayton ISD for the 18-19 school year.
Dayton ISD has set aside three different days & times this summer to allow flexibility and convenience to families in choosing the best time to attend. All Proof of Residency (PoR) events will be held at Dayton High School, and are come-and-go. Please make plans to attend during the scheduled time on one of the dates listed below:
||July 26, 2018
||9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
||July 31, 2018
||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
||August 1, 2018
||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
What all parents/guardians need to know:
- ALL returning students must provide proof of residency. If your child attended Dayton ISD in 2017-2018 and plans to attend Dayton ISD in 2018-2019, you will need to bring your proof of residency during one of the events listed above.
- Families who do not have proof of residency in their name but who are district residents (living with another district resident or living in a home belonging to a district resident) are encouraged to get a utility bill in their name before these events occur. This will simplify the process.
- Families who cannot provide a utility bill verifying residency will need to submit a signed and notarized Residency Affidavit AND acceptable proof of residency for the district resident. Please note that submitting a Residency Affidavit will generate a home visit by a resource officer. (Click here for the Residency Affidavit in Spanish.)
- Students are not required to attend with their parents, but are welcome to do so.
- These are come-and-go events. We hope to get families in and out quickly!
- Enter DHS from the cafeteria/staff parking lot.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency for the 18-19 school year during one of these three events will not be enrolled in Dayton ISD for the fall semester.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will need to enroll during New Student Enrollment (August 6-10) and provide all necessary enrollment documents. For a complete list of all required documents, please click here.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will not have a class schedule available at Open House.
What parents/guardians will need to bring:
- A parent or guardian must bring a photo ID and proof of residency on one of the scheduled days. (You will need one copy for each returning student. Copiers will be available if copies are needed, but will slow down the process for completion.)
- If the parent or guardian is unable to attend one of the scheduled events, they must send a copy of their photo ID, along with current proof of residency with whoever attends on their behalf. This person MUST also have a signed notice from the parent giving them permission to complete the process on their behalf.
- Current utility bills (electricity, gas, water, telephone, cable, satellite) which show the home address and the name of the parent/guardian are acceptable forms of proof of residency. Cell phone bills, utility bills more than 30 days old (or without a date altogether), disconnect notices, property tax statements, insurance documents or handwritten notes are not acceptable as proof of residency.
If you have any questions about residency verification, contact the PEIMS department at 936.258.2667.