Video Compilation, Editing & Fun Effects:
Photo Editing, Sharing & Collections:
- PhotoFilmStrip - Creates movies out of your pictures in just 3 steps. Just select your photos, customize the motion path and render the video.
- FunPhotoBox - Insert friends and family into photos, plaster their faces on a billboard, stick them in a movie poster, and save your creations to share with everyone.
- Rollip - Create Poloriads from your ditigal photos
- BeFunky-- Turn your photos into digital artwork with a single click! 147 photo effects. Free for personal use.
- Bubble Snaps - Photo/picture captions
- Shape Collage - Organize your photos into cool shapes for FREE!
- AndreaMosaic – Photo mosaics are difficult to create. Getting hundreds of small images to make one large image is time-consuming, but this program does it for you automatically using up to 30,000 photos.
- Animoto - Drop your photos into this free online creation tool to create a 30-second video. Music is included! You can embed your creation into a blog or webpage, or you can e-mail it. Create an educator account (www.animoto.com/education ) and get more features.
- Miro Video Converter - A super simple way to convert almost any video to MP4, Ogg Theora, or a specific phone or iPod.
- Trip Wow - In minutes, Trip Advisor helps you create an amazing slideshow using your own vacation pictures that can be easily shared with family and friends via e-mail or embedded into blogs, wikis, and/or Facebook.
- VideoThang focuses on the basics. You can import photos, video, and audio. There are also transitions and effects available. In addition, you can save for e-mail or uploading to the Web or save for your own collection. It will pick the right file format and size.
Digital Photography Links:
- Spirxi - This site will help you find photos and will even help you attribute them to the photographers! Enter your search term. Then, select the photo you would like to use. You can download it or copy a link to embed the photo in Web pages and blog posts. You can select the photo with attribution information included or copy the attribution information to paste into your site.
- LIFE Photo Archive - Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, stretching from the 1750s to today. Most were never published and are now available for the first time through the joint work of LIFE and Google.
- Wikimedia Commons - This site features works that are labeled for reuse. Check licensing statement for each image before use as some require attribution.
- Morgue File - Photo collection containing thousands of free images for use in academic presentations. The collection can be searched by subject, category, size, or color.
- Pixlr - Online photo editing.
- Picjuice - Edit photos by resizing, cropping, rotating, flipping and adjusting contrast and color levels
- Fix Picture - Site for converting, resizing, or rotating an image
- ImageOil - Image editor for Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Safari only
- iPiccy - Edit pictures, apply beautiful photo effects, add text and even paint
- Phixr - Upload a photo from a computer or social networking site and then edit by adding images or text
- Cloud Canvas - Photo editing that allows users to draw, crop, and paint
- Splashup - Edit photos while adjusting pixels and layers
- Luminance HDR - Open-source program for creating HDR images.
- Raw Therapee - Photo editing for RAW files
- Paint.net - Image editor that looks and feels similar to premium programs like Photoshop.
- Chromagic - Use this Internet freebie to change the background of a photo. Chromagic lets you put your subject anywhere in the world – or even out of this world.
- Kizoa - Great site for creating animated slide shows with lots of different content from which to choose.
- Microsoft Pro Photo Tools - Edit photo tags, convert RAW images, and geotag your photos with this free software download from Microsoft.
- FotoSketcher- A free program which can help you convert your digital photos into art automatically. You can turn a portrait, the photograph of your house, or a beautiful landscape into a painting, a sketch, or a drawing with the click of a mouse.
- Blender - Use this FREE open source content creation site to create and animate 3D characters or scenes. You can employ camera effects such as lens flare, motion blur, and many other dramatic effects. Novice users may be challenged but the site includes helpful instructions for menus and tool palettes. You can also get help from developers and artists on Blender's site.
- Aviary - Free online photo editing software
- Aviary for Education - A safe, secure way that offers many services for students, such as photo editor, audio editor, and movie creator.
- Photobie - Image editing software that combines features amateurs can use with advanced tools professionals will appreciate. Photobie is free for personal use with no Pro upgrade to pay for -- all features are free.
- Citrify - Free online photo editing software
- PhotoWipe - Magically remove elements from photos. Simply paint over what you want to change or remove. The program tries to figure out what would be behind that object by pulling information from neighboring pixels.
- Gimp - Free photo editing software download
- Picnik - Free photo editing software
- GoodWidgets - Create photo widgets to share with friends and family on blogs or websitesusing this free site. Several different photo album styles are available for free.
- Shutterfly - Upload, edit and share photos on this site. You can designate who can view and have access to your photos.
- WinkFlash - Host photos using this digital gallery. Upload multiple shots at once and then share the link with your friends and family.
- Snapfish - This site will put your photos on just about anything. Calendars, playing cards or a necktie.