Residency Verification Events for 2016-2017
The Texas Education Agency mandates that districts verify students' eligibility for enrollment (TEC 25.001). To meet that requirement, Dayton ISD will hold three different Residency Verification events this summer. It is especially critical that we make every effort to collect current and correct information for all students as we begin zoning for our new elementary campuses. All returning students will be required to provide proof of residency for enrollment in Dayton ISD for the 16-17 school year.
Dayton ISD has set aside three different days & times this summer to allow greater flexibility and convenience to families in choosing the best time to attend. All Residency Verification events will be held at Dayton High School, and are come-and-go. Please make plans to attend during the scheduled time on one of the dates listed below:
||June 23, 2016
||8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
||June 28, 2016
||11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
||July 6, 2016
||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What all parents/guardians need to know:
- ALL returning students must provide proof of residency. If your child attended Dayton ISD in 2015-2016 and plans to attend Dayton ISD in 2016-2017, you will need to bring your proof of residency during one of the events listed above.
- Families who do not have proof of residency in their name but who are district residents (living with another district resident or living in a home belonging to a district resident) are encouraged to get a utility bill in their name before these events occur. This will simplify the process.
- Families who cannot provide a utility bill verifying residency will need to submit a signed and notarized Residency Affidavit AND acceptable proof of residency for the district resident. Please note that submitting a Residency Affidavit will generate a home visit by a resource officer. (Click here for the Residency Affidavit in Spanish.)
- Students are not required to attend with their parents, but are welcome to do so.
- These are come-and-go events. We hope to get families in and out quickly!
- Enter DHS from the cafeteria/staff parking lot.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency for the 16-17 school year during one of these three events will be withdrawn from Dayton ISD.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will need to enroll during New Student Enrollment and provide all necessary enrollment documents. For a complete list of all documents, please click here.
- Students who do not provide proof of residency and are withdrawn will not have a class schedule available at Open House.
What parents/guardians will need to bring:
- A parent or guardian must bring a photo ID and proof of residency on one of the scheduled days. Please also be prepared to make updates/corrections to family information including address, home and cell phone numbers, and emergency contacts during that visit.
- If the parent or guardian is unable to attend one of the scheduled events, they must send a copy of their photo ID, along with current proof of residency with whoever attends on their behalf. This person MUST also have a signed notice from the parent giving them permission to make changes to the student's family information, including permanent address, mailing address, home and cell phone numbers, and emergency contacts.
- Current utility bills (electricity, gas, water, telephone, cable, satellite) which show the home address and the name of the parent/guardian are acceptable forms of proof of residency. Cell phone bills, utility bills more than 30 days old (or without a date altogether), disconnect notices, propertay tax statements, insurance documents or handwritten notes are not acceptable as proof of residency.
If you have any questions about Residency Verification, contact the PEIMS department at 936.258.2667.